Back to top
Microsatellite Marker Development
Considerations before starting a microsatellite marker development:
- Confirmed genus species of my species of interest?
- Parasites: Contamination with host DNA?
- Haploid, diploid or polyploid organism of interest?
Let us guide you – from DNA isolation to genotyping
Examples of microsatellite marker development:
- Genetic identification of individuals
- Varietal authenticity testing
- Paternity testing
- Kinship analysis
Applications related to microsatellite marker development:
The development of DNA-based markers for any kind of plant, fungal or animal species via NGS approaches will be performed by ecogenics. ecogenics is a subsidiary of Microsynth AG and has put its focus on microsatellite marker development and related genotyping projects. Since 2001 many ecologists, breeders, botanists and zoologists outsource DNA work in this area to ecogenics.
Interested to learn more about ecogenics know-how and services in the area of microsatellite marker development?
- Delivery of data within x working days upon sample receipt (includes library preparation and sequencing)
- Additional x working days for data analysis (bioinformatics)
- Express service possible on request
x= on request